Who doesn’t like crispy and golden fries? To cook USA fries, we usually immerse them in a large amount of oil. However, nowadays there are oil-free fryers, which, as the term suggests, allows fries to be cooked efficiently without using oil. From now on, it is therefore possible to obtain healthier fries, with less fat.
Oil-less fryers have gained increasing popularity in recent years. Moreover, many people are interested in the possibility of making healthier fries without having to engulf them in a good amount of oil. This type of appliance is both economical and easy to use since you will only need a tablespoon of oil to obtain a good dish of fries.
Are you also interested in this little revolution in the kitchen? But for the moment you are lost between the many models available on the market? Discover our selection of theBest Air Fryers Under $100.
The Best Air Fryers Under $100 Rate
T-fal FZ700251 Actifry Oil Less Air Fryer B005GM15HE
- Can be used to prepare other dishes
- Easy cleaning
- A little noisy
- No automatic shutdown
Seb Actifry FZ710000 is our first choice. It is an oil-free fryer model belonging to the Actifry range. It sports a cool design with an LCD display to simplify cooking time setup. This appliance allows you to cook good fries without oil and therefore healthier. A single 1.5cl spoon of oil is enough for 1kg of fresh fries. This represents less than 3% fat compared to the classic fryer which can go up to 15%.
This fryer is equipped with the patented Actifry Technology system, a forced air system that cooks the fries while an articulated arm is responsible for turning the whole delicately to obtain well-browned fries on all sides. A timer is integrated to follow the cooking. Easy to clean, this appliance is dishwasher safe.
Philips Premium Digital Airfryer B07VH2CXPJ
- Fast cooking
- Compatible with other foods (chicken, etc.)
- Low capacity
- No transparent cover
The Philips HD9741 / 10 Airfryer oil-free fryer runs with the patented “Twin Turbo Star” system: a grill is associated with the hot air pulsed which rotates around the unit. With this system, you will be able to cook tasty fries with just one spoon of oil with less than 80% fat compared to conventional deep fryers.
The appliance is equipped with an adjustable thermostat up to 200 ° C thus suitable for various foods: chips, fish, meat, chicken, etc. Cooking is done faster. This practical appliance has a timer with an audible alarm and an automatic shut-off which allows you to leave the frying unattended. An air filter is included in the fryer for odorless cooking. This appliance is easy to clean since the parts are dishwasher safe.
COSORI Air Fryer Max XL B07GJBBGHG
- Multipurpose fryer
- Easy-to-access display and timer
- No transparent cover
COSORI Air Fryer Max XL is a smart home appliance with a digital touchscreen and an easy-to-access timer button for easy operation. This device is multifunction, it allows frying, baking, roasting, grilling and cooking several dishes. Just a small amount of oil will be needed to make tasty fries.
With this type of appliance, you will be able to fry with 80% less fat, therefore healthier and odorless thanks to an integrated air filter. A timer of up to 60 minutes is integrated to allow you to program the cooking time with ease. Thanks to a special shape in the bottom, your food will be cooked evenly. Practical and reliable, this household appliance is dishwasher safe.
KLARSTEIN VitAir Turbo Multifunctional Hot Air Deep Fryer B0857F1J5T
- Several cooking possibilities simultaneously
- Adjustable temperature
- No transparent cover
To round off this selection, here is the Klarstein VitAir, a powerful oil-free fryer for oil-free frying, roasting and cooking healthier foods. It will seduce you with its revolutionary design. Its temperature is adjustable between 50 and 230 ° C according to your needs. This appliance is very practical with its 8 cooking options available to cook varied and delicious dishes for your little family.
It comes with several accessories: a 750g volume tank, a spike, a 3D grid and a metal plate. These accessories will allow you several possibilities at the same time, you can for example roast your chickens while your fries are cooked at the level of the 3D grid during. Cleaning is simplified for this model of oil-free fryer.
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Oil-Free Deep Fryer
The oil-free fryer is a recent technology that is taking more and more place in the hearts of professional cooks and households. It is a device that allows you to indulge yourself by eating French fries while keeping your figure and preserving a healthy diet. On the market today, there are many models of oil-free fryers, of all brands, capacities and features.
Thinking of buying an oil-free fryer? Note that the purchase of this type of household appliance requires prior information on the subject. Before you start, it is important to know the operation, the advantages, the functionalities as well as the prices related to the latter. But above all, you must assess your needs and your budget to make the right choice.
How does the oil-free fryer work?
The operation of an oil-free fryer is very different from conventional fryers, it is a new process to discover. There is no question of filling the fryer with oil, waiting for it to heat up and then dipping your fresh fries in it. The oil-free fryer, as the name suggests, works without having to add oil to the appliance. A resistance ensures to heat the inside of the machine then the heat is distributed by a fan to allow uniform cooking of your fries.
A spoonful of oil is more than enough to obtain succulent and golden brown fries. In today’s market, there are models that offer many cooking zones that can be used at the same time, but the system that cooks the fryer is relatively identical.
The advantages and disadvantages of oil-free fryers
The fryer offers many advantages:
- It allows healthier cooking since cooking only requires about one spoonful of oil for fresh fries, and even no oil for frozen fries. Moreover, according to some studies, the fries made with this device contain less than 3% fat compared to more than 15% for conventional fryers.
- Most oil-free fryers on the market are multifunctional, that is, they allow you to cook other dishes than French fries: donuts, vegetable fricassees, salmon, etc.
- The choice of cooking oil is much wider, which makes it possible to test various flavors to vary the pleasure.
- No more smells of fries during cooking since we use a small amount of oil and the lid is closed. Some models even incorporate anti-odor filters to ensure odor-free cooking.
- This type of device is less dangerous than the classic fryer because there is no boiling oil. Moreover, the walls and handles of these devices are generally cold.
- Some small disadvantages are however to be considered as the lack of fat which changes the taste of your fries as well as the cooking time which can reach up to 60 minutes.
How to choose an oil-free fryer?
To choose the right oil-free fryer, you must take into account the following criteria:
Power and capacity
The power of an oil-free fryer defines the quality of cooking. On the flip side, it’s important to take into account the number of people you want to serve your fries to when determining the ideal capacity for your fryer. Count about 250grams per person.
Size and design
Some models of fryers can be too big in your kitchen, so this is a criterion that should not be overlooked. It is also interesting to choose a machine with a design that will perfectly participate in the decoration of your kitchen.
Features and programs
The more features the oil-less fryer has, the better it is. A device with an LED screen, a timer, and an automatic shutdown is undoubtedly interesting. It is also better to opt for a versatile appliance that allows you to prepare dishes other than French fries.
- The price of oil-free fryers can range from 40 to over 300 $ depending on the model chosen and the range. Make sure you find a device that meets your needs and especially your budget with excellent value for money.
The advantages and disadvantages of oil-free fryers
- The first advantage is of course the very healthy cooking method since we obtain fries with only 3% fat (against 15% for traditional fries)
- No or almost no cooking smell, very pleasant!
- The functions are much less limited than with a classic fryer, you can cook many foods
- It is possible to diversify the oils to test new flavors (walnut oil, sesame, rapeseed, etc.)
- It is economical in terms of oil, a few tablespoons are enough to cook a bowl of fries
- Purists will say that French fries don’t taste quite the same, it’s true, but you get used to it quickly and the health benefits quickly make you forget the difference!
The price is still quite high compared to a good old fryer
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I need to add a seasoning or ingredient to a dish? Can I remove the cooking basket?
Yes, it is possible to remove the cooking basket and add a seasoning or ingredient to your dishes.
Can I cook more than one food at the same time?
To be able to cook multiple foods simultaneously, make sure you choose an appliance that offers this option.
Can I use aluminum foil or other parchment paper in an oil-free fryer?
Yes, you can use aluminum foil or other parchment paper in an oil-free fryer. Just make sure you leave enough space around the food to allow air to circulate around it for efficient cooking.
Can I cook frozen foods such as meat or vegetables in a deep fryer?
Yes, you can absolutely cook frozen foods with your deep fryer. You even have the advantage of not using oil for frozen fries.